Mr. Anderson Tan of Columbia Digital, the official Philippine distributor of Nikon, has just sent word about their new service policy.
As of 9/14/06:
1. We now have loaner units for Nikon pro users who will have their DSLR’s repaired for a period of time. Pro users, meaning those who use their DSLR to make a living (i.e. wedding photographers, studio photographers, news journalists, etc.). Just present a valid ID, calling card and sign a memorandum of agreement.
2. We will still be servicing grey market Nikon DSLR, lenses and Coolpix units due to popular demand but with a surcharge of 30% from the bill. We really have to discourage grey market and thus have to charge a LOT higher.
3. We will be servicing Nikon DSLR, lenses, Coolpix units bought from other countries providing that there is an international warranty and proof of purchase abroad (Sales Invoice) with a surcharge of 10% from the bill.
4. Lenses with international warranty will be absorbed by Columbia Digital excluding freight cost and customs duties if needed to be shipped to Nikon HK for repair.
5. New diagnosis time of your DSLR will be maximum of 5-7 WORKING DAYS.
6. Spare parts prices have already been reduced 5-10% on all spare parts.
7. We have started to stock ample spare parts by placing a huge order today for frequently consumed spare parts.
8. I think I’ve mentioned that we already purchased a LOT of new tools and equipment from Nikon HK.
9. We will be sending 2 new techs to Nikon HK in October for training.
10. We will be coming out with a Nikon Pro card before the year ends. This will feature discount on camera services.