This firmware update (Version 1.0.8) incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which Image Stabilization operation emits a sound when certain buttons are pressed, with the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens attached to the camera.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Image Stabilization operation emits a sound from the lens when IS lenses are attached to the camera.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a part of the image looks unnatural when reviewed on the LCD. Depending on the color of the background, the edges of some objects in the image may appear to have a jagged edge and look unnatural. (Even if the image played back on the camera’s LCD is affected by this phenomenon, the actual image data is not affected.)
- Corrects errors in the Spanish and Norwegian menu screens.
The Version 1.0.8 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.5. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.0.8, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
A power failure during the firmware writing operation may disable the camera.
- Use a fully charged Battery Pack or dedicated AC Adapter Kit (Optional) ACK-E2 for the firmware update.
- Do not shut off the power during the firmware writing operation.
- Do not open the CF card slot cover during the firmware writing operation.
Do not press any camera buttons during the firmware writing operation.
Downloading the Canon EOS 40D firmware update v1.0.8 already includes all updates and fixes made in previous versions.
Download Canon EOS 40D firmware update v1.0.8.