Fujifilm announces the introduction of the FinePix S2000HD, a compact and lightweight 10 megapixel digital camera with an incredible 15x optical zoom lens and HD movie recording and output.
Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD:
High performance meets High Definition
for the ultimate ‘all in one’ digital camera
The FinePix S2000HD is the first Fujifilm model to offer full compatibility with high definition television (HDTV) systems for both stills and movies. As well as capturing true HD movies (at 1280 x 720 pixels) and wide screen stills (at 1920 x 1080 pixels), the FinePix S2000HD’s HD output allows the camera to display ultra clear high definition photographs and movies on HDTV. The FinePix S2000HD comes with remote control and cable, so it’s all ready for action.
The Finepix S2000HD boast of the following:
- 15x wide-to-tele zoom
- Action stations
- Face Detection Technology
- Instant Zoom
- Zoom Bracketing
Fujifilm’s FinePix S2000HD features at a glance:
- HDTV stills and movie capture and HD output: Capture high-resolution images and movies in 16:9 format – perfect for viewing on High Definition screens. The HD-S2 Accessory Kit (optional) contains the output cable and the remote controller, necessary for viewing High Definition movies and stills from the comfort of your living room.
- 10 megapixel CCD sensor and RP Processor: High resolution capture and Fujifilm’s unrivalled image processing for richly-detailed, vibrant results, natural colours and picture-perfect skin tones.
- 15x optical zoom with 27.6mm true wide-angle: High performance and compact Fujinon zoom lens covering an incredibly versatile 27.6-414mm range (equivalent on a 35mm camera).
- High resolution LCD and Electronic Viewfinder: Users can choose to frame shots using the high quality electronic viewfinder or the large, bright 2.7-inch LCD screen. Both offer high resolution and fast frame rate with 60 fps.
- Dual Image Stabilisation: Combine mechanical image stabilisation with high ISO 1600 (up to ISO 6400 at 5MP) to give perfect blur-free images
- Dual Shot Mode: In this selectable mode, the FinePix S2000HD quickly shoots two images in rapid succession – one with the flash and one without – and saves both. This convenient function lets users perform a comparison at their convenience and select the most pleasing image.
- High speed continuous shooting: Capture the action with continuous shooting of up to 13.5 frames per second at Max 33 frames (3 mega pixel mode).
- Photographic control: Programmed AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual mode with extensive metering and focus options for the more advanced user.
- Micro Thumbnail: A playback feature that allows for viewing an index-style image on the LCD. The FinePix S2000HD will show up to 100 images in micro form, then the control buttons are used to select specific images.
- 13 Pre-programmed scene modes: The FinePix S2000HD features 13 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Museum, Party, Flower, Text, Auction.
- Selectable playback: The FinePix S2000HD features playback mode which will make searching of specific files much easier by sorting images according to how they were shot (still, continuous, and movie).
- SD/SD-HC slot
- Operates on 4xAA batteries
The FinePix S2000HD should be available in the market starting September 2008.